Renew Registration in Victoria
All drivers must renew their vehicle registration at the VicRoads annually. The VicRoads department will send a notification 6 weeks before the expiration date so that the driver never misses the date. It is the responsibility of the drivers themselves to keep the home address up to date at all times in the VicRoads system to prevent any missing notification. If you have selected the VicRoads app, the notifications will be sent to you by email.
The registration fee will be calculated on the vehicle type and the “Transport Accident Charge”, for more information, visit the official VicRoads website.
Renewal registrations are usually for a period of 12 months, but if necessary, all drivers can change this period for a shorter period, such as 3 or 6 months. To be able to change this, all you have to do is go to the official VIcRoads website and change the “Registration period” before making your payment.
The VicRoads division provides drivers with all kinds of facilities to renew their vehicle registration.
Payment by card:
- Pay online using myVicRoads account.
- Pay by phone to 1300 086 314.
- Pay at the Australian Post Office.
- Pay at VicRoads customer service center.
Payment using Check:
- Using BPAY (Reminder: the billing code and account references are available to all drivers on the renewal notification or online at myVicRoads account.
- You can pay by email by sending a check with the renewal notice at: VicRoads, GPO Box 1644, Melbourne VIC 3001.
- At VicRoads customer service close to your home.
- At the Australian Post Office.
It is very important to remind all drivers that driving a registered vehicle can lead to costly police fines (up to $ 1500).