Your PS in Victoria
The probationary driving Your PS will be issued to all those starting to drive in the Victoria area, and to those who have lost their license due to various reasons. There will be a number of requirements in order to obtain a probationary license, and it is the responsibility of the drivers themselves to understand and comply with these minimum requirements.
All interested drivers must be 18 years of age (or older) and legally resident in the Victoria area in order to obtain a Probation driver’s license. It is also very important that the driver holds a learner permit for a certain amount of time before applying for the Probation license:
- The learner permit must be kept for at least 12 months if the driver is under 21 years of age.
- Learner permits must be kept for at least 6 months for those drivers between the ages of 21 and 25.
- Learner consent must be retained for at least 3 months if the driver is 25 years of age or older.
Please remember that if the driver has been suspended or has their license revoked, the time will be stopped and restarted in advance.
After checking that you meet all the minimum requirements for the license, proceed to book an appointment and study for the relevant tests.
There will be a number of requirements in order to obtain a probationary license, and it is the responsibility of the drivers themselves to understand and comply with these minimum requirements. This Your PS license will be issued to all those starting to drive in the Victoria area, and to those who have lost their license due to various reasons.
Hazard detection test
- All drivers must be at least 17 and 11 years old at the time of the test. This test will be mandatory for all drivers seeking a probationary license.
- In the event that the driver fails on the first attempt, he or she will have the opportunity to try one more time in the same appointment.
- All drivers have a chance to practice this test online to help you be prepared.
- Test results will be given on the same day, and will be valid for 12 months.
- Before attempting the Driving test, it will be necessary to pass the Hazard detection test.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to bring their own vehicle with them, as the VicRoads do not provide a vehicle for this test.
- On the day of the driving test, all drivers will be required to bring the following documents: learner permit, learner logbook (if required), and the applicable approved hazard detection test.
- If the test is passed successfully, the probationary license will be issued and received on the same day.
Special medical condition
- In the event that the driver suffers from any special medical condition, illness or disability, it will be necessary to pass a medical examination and report before carrying out the tests.
Length of PS license
Depending on the age of the driver, there will be different expiry periods for the Probation license.
- For drivers under the age of 21, the license will be valid for 4 years (12 months at P1 level and 3 years at P2).
- For drivers aged 21 (or over), the licenses will be valid for 3 years (at P2 level).