Replace License

Replace License in Victoria

If your driver’s license has been stolen, lost or damaged, the driver can apply for a new license following the steps below.

Replace Driver’s License using the online service.

All drivers need to be reminded to keep their personal information updated in the VicRoads system at all times. All personal details, name, and home address must be written correctly. (Is it the responsibility of the driver to update themselves and not miss any VicRoads notification).

You will then need to access the VIC Roads online portal and apply for your new driving license online. This procedure will take you a few minutes. Upon completion of the process you will receive an acknowledgment, make sure you keep it until you receive the new license.

The whole procedure for issuing a new license will take up to ten days until it reaches the driver’s home address (As we have already said, this must be registered on the system). In some cases, the license can take up to 4 weeks: ie if you live abroad or are transcribed.

In the event your license has been stolen or lost, you will be asked to report the theft to your local police station. Must replace license by mail.

Another way to replace a driver’s license is to use the regular email service. This service will take some time longer than the online driver service, but the delivery time for the license is 10 days (As already mentioned, in some cases it may take up to 4 weeks).

To proceed with this follow the next steps:

Guideline for proceeding with the replacement by post:

  • Download the form “Victorian Replacement License or Learner Permit [PDF]” from the VicRoads Website.
  • Complete the document using capital letters.
  • Enclose it with a check to pay the fee.
    Send it to:
    License Correspondence
    Locked Bag 7000
    Kew VIC 3101
  • Your license will arrive within 10 days at the home address registered on the system.

For verification of the Replace License process in Victoria please visit the official VICRoads website

Search Offices near you by City for Replace License