Update License in Victoria
Is it the driver’s responsibility to keep all personal data up to date at all times. Therefore, in the event that a driver has changed their home address, name or any personal information, it will be necessary to update license it in the system and notify the VIC Roads department as soon as possible.
Update your home address:
Changing your home address is very easy and fast. The only important things to look out for are:
- All documents you need to upload to the system must be issued within the last 6 months up to date.
- All drivers must notify the new address within 14 days of moving.
To update your home address, all you have to do is access a “myVicRoads account” and submit two of the following documents:
- New leasing contract or document.
- A bank account statement document showing the letterhead of the institution.
- Telephone, gas or electricity bill with your name and new address.
- Any document proving evidence of enrollment.
- Any official document showing your full name and new address.
Update your name
If a driver has changed his / her name, the personal data provided in the VicRoads database needs to be updated as soon as possible. All drivers are required to visit VicRoads customer service to proceed with the change of personal information and to update the driver ‘s license and registration of the vehicle.
As a guide, here are some tips to complete this process:
- Valid ID – A document that proves your identity.
- Download the capitalized “change of personal details” form.
- Depending on the circumstances in which you changed your name, you will need to provide different documentation for your new name.
There are a number of situations where one may or may not want to change their name, before scheduling your appointment, visit the official Vic Roads section website to check the most up-to-date requirements for your specific content.
How to update your gender
It is very important that if you change your gender, you should notify the Vic Roads department as soon as possible. All you have to do is schedule an appointment to customer service and provide evidence of your gender and / or new title. Visit the official Vic Roads website to learn more about the documentation and requirements.
For verification of the Update License process in Victoria please visit the official VICRoads website